The ages and stages questionnaire is a tool used worldwide to assess the development of babies aged 0 months to 66 months. It was developed after research on hundreds of children and is considered to be a very reliable tool.
The ages and stages questionnaire assesses the developmental milestones in children in relation to their ability to communicate, gross motor skills, fine motor skills, problem solving, and personal-social skills.
What is the purpose of the ages and stages questionnaire?
- The ages and stages questionnaire helps parents and health care providers to identify and treat children who are experiencing delays in their development.
- It highlight a child’s strengths as well as concerns.
- The ages and stages questionnaire is a useful took that teaches parents about child development and their own child’s skills.
How to complete the ages and stages questionnaire
- Check your child to see if he or she has reached the milestone.
- Make the activity a fun and stress free one, like a game for you and the baby.
- Place a tick in the box if the answer is yes.
- Return the questionnaire to your caregiver if you have any concerns.